Maxillofacial (OMF) surgery has to do with the teeth, mouth, jaw, and face. These surgeons are specially trained to handle multifaceted procedures beyond what a family dentist is qualified to do.
They serve people who have had birth defects or damage to the face in an accident or other instances. Most doctors need eight years of school to be a maxillofacial surgeon.
They additionally serve those who need teeth extraction or reconstruction of the face or jaw. They also address patients with tumors or cysts in the neck, jaw, or mouth.
Maxillofacial Surgeries include some of the following:
- Diagnosis and removal of impacted teeth or difficult tooth extractions
- Diagnosis and removal of cysts, tumors, etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral & head and neck cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital craniofacial malformations (craniofacial surgery)
- Diagnosis and treatment of TMJ disorders.
- Diagnosis and treatment of incorrect bite
- Treatment of facial trauma from an accident
Software to help oral surgeons streamline processes
MaxilloSoft is a business management software designed to make the collection of electronic health records easier for medical staff and patients alike. Efficiently collect data across multiple platforms including information from the anesthesia and vitals machines.
From solo practices to large multi-location groups, MaxilloSoft is custom configured to your practice. Make a great first impression. The patient’s name, reason for visit, and who their GP is always right at your fingertips. MaxilloSoft increases oral surgery practice efficiency for your practice.
To request a demo today, please click here.